Have questions? Give us a call 920-749-3040
Quality is a continuous improvement activity at SGS-IPS Testing with an aim to continually expand services and customer satisfaction. Interdepartmental goals are aligned throughout SGS-IPS to create a culture of quality integrated into all aspects of our testing services to provide data with integrity and results with validity. Quality Systems are our competitive differentiator.
The current global marketplace has heightened awareness regarding standards of quality. ISO 17025 testing laboratory accreditation confirms that SGS-IPS implements an effective quality management system to carry out consistent and competent testing within the scope of accreditation. Labs that meet this standard also operate a quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001. SGS-IPS originally achieved ISO 17025 accreditation for testing in May 2012 through ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) and has since maintained accreditation. A copy of our current accreditation certificate and accreditation scope may be viewed by clicking the link below or by accessing the ANAB website and searching for SGS – Integrated Paper Services.
Specifically, SGS-IPS is accredited to the following tests for paper, tissue and nonwoven consumer products:
- INDA/EDANA Flushability Protocol:
- IWSFG Flushability Protocol:
- PAS 3 Disintegration Method: Slosh Box
- Testing Urine Absorbing Aids for:
- Rate of Acquisition: NWSP 070.9 / IPS-T022
- Rewet: NWSP 070.9 / IPS-T022
- Breathability: NWSP 070.1, ASTM D737
- Total Absorption Capacity: ISO-11948-1 / IPS-T021
- Retention Capacity: WSP 070.10
- Elastic Elongation: IPS-T041
- Various State Health Care Requirements for Incontinence Products
- Nonwoven Medical Devices testing:
- Synthetic Blood Penetration Resistance: ASTM F1670/F1670M
- Resistance to Synthetic Blood Penetration (Face Masks): ASTM F1862/F1862M, ISO 22609
- Water Penetration or Resistance, Spray Impact: AATCC 42, NWSP 080.3
- Water Resistance, Hydrostatic Pressure Test: AATCC 127 Option 2, ISO 811
- Flammability for Disposable Medical Devices and Products: 16 CFR 1610 Step 1
- Tearing Strength (Elmendorf Apparatus): TAPPI T 414, ISO 1974
- Tearing Strength (Trapezoid): ASTM D5587, ASTM D5733, NWSP 100.2
- Breaking Force and Elongation (Grab Method): ASTM D5034, NWSP 110.1
- Breaking Force and Elongation (Strip Tensile): ASTM D5035, ISO 9073-3, ASTM D882, NWSP 110.4, ISO 12625-4 / IPS-T024, TAPPI T 494
SGS-IPS maintains a Quality Management System that conforms with the stringent regulatory requirements of the U.S. FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) for Medical Devices as outlined in the non-manufacturing provisions of Title 21 CFR Part 820. Change control, corrective action, auditing and document control/traceability are all part of ensuring regulatory compliance.
Quality Systems at SGS-IPS are not strictly for compliance. They create customer value through data accuracy and testing efficiency.